A Special Meeting

Hello readers,

I went to Papworth Hospital, with Terry and visited Stacie Pridden! Stacie is a very courageous and strong young lady who I met 3 years ago through the Pulmonary Hypertension Facebook group. Many people, like myself, have been following her blog in her wait to getting a double lung and heart transplant. 3 years on and after 3 false alarms, Stacie finally got the call for her transplant and I knew from that moment, when visitors were allowed, I was going to go and meet her!

Me and Stacie

I had a super time talking to Stacie in person for the first time and she is an inspirational young lady! We chatted for a while and it was good to get to know her and I am pleased to see how well she was doing. I can't wait to see her again soon and I will keep on wishing her a speedy recovery, to get stronger and stronger.

Selfie Time

As you can tell it was a delight to see Stacie, and I am so glad to see her going from strength to strength after a transplant. I, too, may one day need a double transplant as for now it is my only cure for Pulmonary Hypertension, but seeing Stacie has been very positive for me and for what is yet to come. Until then, as always I will go by my motto of 'living life to the full!'

As you can see organ donation is vital for many of those on the transplant list. It not only gives hope to those who are waiting, but gives a new lease of life to the person as well. If you are not on the organ donation register, but would like to be an organ donor, then please register here!


Become an Organ Donor Today!